UNBREAKABLE - Backstreet Forum

Объявление

ВАЖНАЯ ИНФОРМАЦИЯ
Добро пожаловать, кто бы ты ни был! Этот форум очень скучает без активных пользователей, так что если у тебя есть желание, ты можешь помочь. Для этого можно просто что-нибудь написать ;-)

Группе официально 27 лет. Поздравляем!

Если ты только что зарегистрировался(лась) на нашем форуме, скажи пару слов о себе вот тут и сможешь не только отвечать во всех разделах, но и получишь доступ к скрытым разделам "Курилка", "Мультимедия Backstreet Boys".

Полезные ссылки

BackStreetBoys.Com The Backstreet Boys - Jive Records
Official Youtube Channel Official Fan Club
Official AJ's Website Official Howie D's Website Official Nick's Website
Official Brian's Website Backstreet Boys' Twitter
AJ's Twitter Brian's Twitter
Howie's Twitter Kevin's Twitter Nick's Twitter
BSB Element
BSB Brasil

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » UNBREAKABLE - Backstreet Forum » Nicholas Gene Carter » Help me>>всё, что вы бы хотели узнать о Нике Картере

Help me>>всё, что вы бы хотели узнать о Нике Картере

Сообщений 61 страница 80 из 184

Богиня написал(а):

. Можно еще в Сибирь, там не хуже.

Ага, к Маркусу, соседом бу!)) Маркус же сказал, что он тоже из Сибири, ведать скучно одному там стало))

Ninties Pinups Countdown - Number One
So we have trawled through endless copies of Smash Hits! And Top Of The Pops magazines, poster pull-outs and sticker sheets and we have found that the most in-demand man of the nineties for every hormone-ridden teenage girl was none other than the Backstreet Boys' frontman Nick Carter.

The vision that is Mr Carter was born on 28 January 1980 under the slightly less 'cool' name Nickolas Gene Carter in Jamestown, New York.

He initially sought fame in acting and appeared in several television adverts before making his 'real' acting debut as an extra in Edward Scissorhands. However, [thankfully] his acting career never really took off and he found himself joining the Backstreet Boys.

Along with A. J. McLean, Howie Dorough, Kevin Richardson and Brian Littrell, the guys went on a mission to be popstars, although they failed to achieve any real success in the US in the early days they went on to be worldwide hits.

Their manager Lou Pearlman hammered the PR in Europe which resulted in them becoming commercially successful in 1996 before they really made the 'big time' in the late nineties which saw Nick being given the tag of the 'heartthrob' of the group.

But don't just take my word for it, oh no, as if you needed any proof, in 1999, he was ranked number 1 on the list of "Hottest Teen People Under 21" by Teen People magazine and "The Biggest Teen Idol" by Teen People magazine. He was also named one of People magazines "50 Most Beautiful People in the World" in 2000, and voted CosmoGirl's Sexiest Man in the World" in 2002.

After the band seemed to disappear from the face of the earth, he made a feeble attempt at a solo career in 2002 when he released Now Or Never before making a return to his acting 'career' which saw him star opposite Kevin Zegers in the 2004 horror film, The Hollow.

Obviously giving up on that as soon as he had started, he then went back on tour with the Backstreet Boys, who were promoting their new album Never Gone which debuted at 3 in the Billboard 200 and was certified platinum and in turn helped them break the 100 million mark for albums sold worldwide.

Like so many other failing celebrities, In October 2006, Nick decided to star in his own reality show; House of Carters, in a bid to reignite his previous stardom; it did seem to work to some extent though, because although it didn't do anything for his musical career, it did get him noticed as a super hot face which looks good on screen.

Yep, you guessed it, he's gone back [again] to acting and last year began filming an independent movie, Fast Glass, with Brandon Quinn, Andrew Keegan, Natalia Cigliuti, Greg Grunberg, and Reno Wilson. But this time he decided to continue with his music career and began work on his second solo album, which is due to be released some time later this year.

So girlies, whether you're a 'grown-up' now or whether you're a tiny teenager you could relive the glory days with Nick if he actually manages to make a successful comeback and blag his way into Sugar and Bliss magazines all over again! However, a naked shoot in Cosmopolitan won't go a miss either!

NICK CARTER: Backstreet Looks To Change Its Sound
by Larry Rodgers - Nov. 18, 2008 12:00 AM
The Arizona Republic

Nick Carter is the most visible face of the Backstreet Boys, the vocal group that sold more than 75 million albums in its chart-topping '90s heyday.

Carter, Brian Littrell, Howie Dorough and AJ McLean reunited a second time in 2007 to release their fifth studio album, Unbreakable. The group, which no longer includes Kevin Richardson, has toured extensively since and stops Friday in Phoenix.

Carter, 28, checked in from a tour stop in Canada.

Question: Where's home base for you these days?

Answer: I've made three spots my home base. I moved to Nashville and set up my studio there for writing, and I have a cool house there. I also have a place in LA and still have a place in Florida (where his parents live).

Q: Are you an eligible bachelor?

A: Of course, of course.

Q: Is it still hard to go out and grab a bite or a drink without being bothered?

A: People still come up to me and say things, but it's such a part of my life it's not like I pay attention to it too much.

Q: Phoenix will host the NBA All-Star Game in February. Are you a basketball fan?

A: Oh yeah. I'm loving the Suns this year. They've got my boy Shaq (O'Neal). I play basketball, so I never really fell in love with one particular team, just because I love good basketball and watching good teams.

Q: Are you working on a follow-up to your first solo album (2002's Now or Never)?

A: We all are in the group. We like to be able to spread our wings, step out a little bit and show our individuality. But as a group, that's the main priority now. It's been a learning process for me, getting back with the guys, learning more about myself. So when I put out the next solo record, it will be . . . much better than the last one.

Q: You guys have toured awhile now behind your latest CD. Have you adjusted the show as you go?

A: We've been tweaking things and tightening up our choreography and our vocals.

Q: Now that you've now had more time without Kevin, are you totally comfortable as a quartet?

A: Yes, it's going to be the four of us. We're comfortable with it, and he's comfortable with the move. We definitely felt that we could uphold what we do best, which is put on amazing shows.

Q: You've said Backstreet's next album will be a surprise. Any details?

A: We've been about to change the sound completely, go in a whole new direction. It's something that we're familiar with in connection with the past, as far as R&B and soulful influences. We're . . . trying to put a new face on this group that everybody can relate to, especially on Top 40 radio.

Q: JC Chasez of 'NSync did some co-writing and producing on your group's last album. Are you friends with the former members of 'NSync?

A: AJ is good friends with JC, and I'm really good friends with Chris (Kirkpatrick). There used to be what people would call a competition. We just called it living in the moment and having fun.

Q: What do you think of the New Kids on the Block reunion?

A: I'm really excited for what they've done. It inspires us to be better and want to continue.

Q: Are there any artists you would like to collaborate with?

A: Kanye West. Aside from all the controversial stuff that surrounds him . . . I think he's talented beyond anything. I respect his honesty and his work.

Q: You appeared in the film The Hollow in 2004. Are you considering other roles?

A: I'm still pursuing it. I'm going to take a different route. I'm starting to write my own short films that I would act in and direct. I want to take the Sylvester Stallone approach.

Q: House of Carters on the E! channel got good reviews. Any more reality TV on the horizon?

A: That was an experience, something that taught me a lot and was fun. But as far as reality (TV) goes, I'd like to do things that are a little more credible and not put myself out there as much anymore. . . . (House of Carters) did what I wanted it to do, which was show people a different side of me.

Опять он про свой фильм заговорил, убей меня Дима Билан пилой! Я ж ещё от его мультика не оправилась!

Вроде как новости сюда кидаем, так что вот:

Sunday, November 23, 2008
Leslie Carter

Just wanted to inform all the BSB fans out there that I have spoken to Nick and my family and my brother was in the airport on his way to a show a starting getting a high fever and unfortunatly had to spend the day in the hospital instead of making the show, hes really sorry to dissapoint all of his fans and not be able to make up the show but as far as we know its nothing serious he is okay.

I appreciate all of the fans keeping in touch and wanting to know whats up? Nicks not very good at writing blogs on a regular basis so Im doing it for him. I know how hard Nick works and he usually performs even when hes a bit sick so if he cant make a concert never ever assume or believe any rumors of him being neglectful to his band and fans. He loves you all!

TTYL

LC

Мы тоже его любим :love:

o.O Come Celebrate Nickys Birthday With Him!! o.O

1) Nava Restaurant and Bar invites you all to
N I C K . C A R T E R S . B I R T H D A Y . P A R T Y !!

The Official Birthday of party of NICK CARTER
* HOSTED BY NICK CARTER HIMSELF *
Rumor has it he may Throw Down a DJ Set... woohoo!

Thursday January 29, 9pm at NAVA
125 York Blvd. Richmond Hill, ON
For info, dinner reservations or bottle service: (905)709-1933 or info@navarestaurantandbar.com

Come early to avoid disappointment, as this will be a sold out event.
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!

tickets available at NAVA or online at ticketweb.ca (search Nick Carter) or copy link below:
http://www.ticketweb.ca/t3/sale/SaleEve … tId=904114
http://i41.tinypic.com/fokj8j.jpg

2) Nava Bar and Restaurant / UMM Entertainment / VIBE Presents:

NICK CARTER'S BIRTHDAY PARTY!! featuring * Nick Carter (Backstreet Boys) celebrates his birthday with a VIP Bash inside Nava

Thursday, Jan 29, 2009 9:00 PM EST
- Friday, Jan 30, 2009 2:00 AM EST
at Nava Restaurant and Bar

BACKSTREET BOYS ** NICK CARTER ** CELEBRATES HIS BIRTHDAY WITH AN EXCLUSIVE PARTY @ NAVA!!

January 29th 9PM, you are invited to this rare VIP event to celebrate the birthday of Nick Carter.

Nick will be partying up with everyone as well as DJing an exclusive set just for you.

TICKETS $15.00 IN ADVANCE - $20 AT THE DOOR

DJ'S KARIZ & APOCALYPSE
Hosted by Z103's Dave Blezard and Vibe Entertainments Steve Mills
http://i44.tinypic.com/2wei3op.jpg

Brought to you by UMM Entertainment and Nava

** THIS WILL BE A SOLDOUT EVENT SO GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY **

FOR INFO CONTACT
info@navarestaurantandbar.com or 9057091933

* THIS IS A 19 AND OVER EVENT *

Во пир на весь мир! Дрыщ, а нас не пригласиили!!! :'( Точнее, мы живем у черта на рогах, пиляяя... Затус жестокий! Прикидываю, что там народу не протолкнуться будет! :crazyfun: Бедный Ниг, его разтерзают.

Богиня написал(а):

Во пир на весь мир! Дрыщ, а нас не пригласиили!!! :'( Точнее, мы живем у черта на рогах, пиляяя... Затус жестокий! Прикидываю, что там народу не протолкнуться будет! :crazyfun: Бедный Ниг, его разтерзают.

Кажется он там будет вместо тортика- десертик

Ирина написал(а):

Кажется он там будет вместо тортика- десертик

Ой, обзавидовалась

Аааааааааааааааааа................я рыдаю...........Ники......как ты мог!!!???
Всегда так мега обидно за себя в таких случаях! :'(

NICK CARTER: Mentioned On The Cosmic Boy Band Connection
The musical sign of Aquarius is home to many of the harmonically inclined. So it should be no big surprise that tne bodacious Backstreet Boy (Nick Carter) and two former N-Sync-ers (Joey Fatone and Justin Timberlake) all share close Aquarian birthdays. In fact, Carter and Fatone share identical January 28th birthdays, although three years apart.
Some of you might not immediately see the correlation between “Boy Band” and “Sexy” but I think many of you will. If sexy means confidence, creativity, and control over one’s destiny, these Aquarians have nailed it. And who hasn’t gotten down and dance floor dirty at least once to “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” and Timberlake’s ultimate sexy anthem “Sexy Back?”
I’m also cosmically taken by how these three - who peaked at their inner-most boy banded-ness ten years ago - are still in the spotlight, and not in a Surreal Life fallen star kind of way. They’ve all let their innovative Aquarian-ness lead them to evolve. Of course, Timberlake has become an all-around superstar singing/acting/dancing/rock-your-body-ing dynamo. Fatone has dabbled in movies (My Big Fat Greek Wedding - the biggest independent movie of all time) and television (Dancing with the Stars - one of the most successful TV shows of the moment) and hosting TV Guide Channel red-carpet coverage. And blonde bad boy (and E! reality star - YES!) Carter has continued to make music all these years later.
So happy birthday you harmonizing hunks you! And as for you, sweet reader, why not tell us all about the Aquarians you find sexy?
Astrologically yours,
Holiday

NICK CARTER: Third Birthday Party [Info]))))

http://i41.tinypic.com/25oym1t.jpg
NICK CARTER THE BACKSTREET BOYS JUST celebrated his birthday on SATURDAY 31 JANUARY 09 IN MONTREAL.
Supperclub ACTION HAS BEEN CHOSEN BY THE ARTIST TO SEE HIS FANS.

TICKETS:
001-300: $ 25
AND 300 + $ 30

TICKETS ON SALE ON THE NETWORK ADMISSION
ADMISSION.COM
AND
THE BISTRO SANGUINET
INE STE-CATHER 308 IS

6245, boul. Métropolitain Est, Montréal, Québec

Sat, January 31, 2009 10:00 PM

PREM
$25.00 CAD REGULIER
PL1
$30.00 CAD REGULIER
http://www.admission.com/html/artist.ht … R+BIRTHDAY - билеты

когда примерно выход нового альбома подскажите плз
его и бойзов...кто-нибудь подскажет?

simsim написал(а):

когда примерно выход нового альбома подскажите плзего и бойзов...кто-нибудь подскажет?

Об этом и многом другом можно прочитать в теме: Новости
Если там этой информации нет, значит Бойз ею ещё с нами не поделились ;)

Nick Carter Start With Backstreet Boys Tour In February

U.S. singer Nick Carter known to be a member of Backstreet Boys, one of the most successful pop groups of 90, will meet this Wednesday 29 years after announcing its partnership with the presentations offered by Latin America from February.

After having made the tour of the album "Unbreakable" in Asia,
Europe and North America in 2008, the Backstreet Boys are preparing to visit South America in February and March next year with the "Unbreakable Tour 2009".

During this tour, the performers of "The Call" will visit Puerto
Rico, Peru and Venezuela in February, while March to be in Chile,
Argentina, Brazil and Mexico, where he closed his world tour.

Nickolas Gene Carter was born on January 28, 1980 in Jamestown,
New York. His parents are Gene Robert Carter and Jane Elizabeth
Spaulding, who separated in 2004.

In 2002 he began his career as a solo artist after 15 years in
music with his debut album 'Now or never ", which contains songs that
are about love and experience with adolescents and youth.

The project of creating a solo album did not come as a carefully
developed plan. Nick was in the recording studio and at one point was the song "Do I have to cry for you."

When heard Jive Records executives were so impressed that
immediately began to develop the idea of "Now or never". Their work together to develop Nick KNS allowed for the first time in his life his facet as a composer.

Specifically, he participated in the creation of "Do I have to cry
for you" and "Girls in the USA," the song that helped the rapper Mr.
Vegas, plus "I stand for you" with KNS, "My Confession" and "Is it
Friday yet", with producers Gary Clark and Martin Brammer.

During the creation of the record, Nick traveled to Sweden to work
with one of his best friends, the famous composer and producer Max Martin, known for his work with artists like Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, N Sync, Ace of Base, and Celine Dion .

The disc also received support as Rami producers, The Matrix, Matthew Gerrard and Steve Mac.

Throughout this time, has combined his work as a singer with his facet as an actor, has participated in several TV series as "American Dreams" and "8 Simple Rules," until in 2004 he was co-movie "The Hollow" encouraging and in 2006 for starring in his own "reality show" House of Carters "with his brothers Aaron, Angel, Bobbie and Leslie Carter.

In 2007 also formed part of the cast of the film "Fast Glass". He was Ambassador of the Year of the Dolphin 2007.

Willa Ford was dating and Asun Ortega says he was with a Spanish fan, Sue Bird and Paris Hilton. He is currently single.

Among the albums recorded with the band are "Backstreet Boys" (1995), "Backstreet" s Back "(1997)," Millennium "(1999)," Black & Blue "(2000)," Greatest Hits: Chapter One " (2001), "Never Gone" (2005) and Unbreakable (2007). While only solo recording "Now or Never" released in 2002.

Source: Notimex.com

NICK CARTER: Birthday Bash
Making for quite the celebration, Nick Carter ushered in his 29th birthday at The Key Club with a gathering of good friends on Monday night (January 26).

“They shut off all the lights and did a surprise for Nick downstairs early in the night,” an onlooker told People magazine. “They all yelled surprise and they had cupcakes for him.”

With AJ McLean of the BackStreet Boys and J.C. Chasez of N’Sync in
attendance, the boy bander was all smiles as he even took the stage for
an impromptu performance of “Don’t Stop Believin” by Journey.

Also spending time with his little brother Aaron in a private area,
a source tells of the scene, “Nick was good. He and his friends were
just laughing up a storm in their VIP booth.”

Source:  Celebrity-Gossip.Net

Leaving The Key Club
NICK CARTER - The singer celebrated his 29th birthday with numerous friends. Could the “Backstreet Boy” be that old already? Guess so. His heyday has come and gone…big time. Let’s face it, those boy groups only have a few years and then it’s over. Are you listening, Jonas Brothers? Remember Hanson, N’Sync, New Kids on the Block, etc, etc. Nick appeared to have had quite a celebration and it’s a good thing he wasn’t driving. He tried to borrow a paparazzi’s camera, but the guy wouldn’t have it. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Nick.

Я в шоке((((((((((((((((((((((
NICK CARTER: Sober Again After Brush With Death!! [Article]
NICK CARTER - CARTER SOBER AGAIN AFTER BRUSH WITH DEATH
Former pop idol NICK CARTER faces a daily struggle staying sober after doctors warned the BACKSTREET BOY a booze binge could kill him. The 29-year-old sought medical help last year (08), after suffering from chest pains. 

Doctors in Florida diagnosed him with cardiomyopathy; a build up of toxins that prevents the heart from pumping blood efficiently.

The condition was blamed on the years of binge drinking and drug taking that had caused Carter's weight to balloon and his health to deteriorate - and medics warned him he'd end up dead if he didn't stop.

He tells People magazine, "My doctors said, 'You need to change your lifestyle.'

"I don't want to die. I don't want to be that person people read about and think, 'That's sad that he couldn't stop it and killed himself.'"

Eight months on, the star has dropped all the extra pounds and cut drink, drugs and fatty foods out of his diet - but he admits he finds it hard to stay clean. He confesses he has lapsed and "started to drink a couple of glasses of wine, and I couldn't control it" - but credits his doctor with helping him stay sober.

Specialist Dr. Richard Polakoff tells People, "Once you get this condition, it can get progressively worse until the heart is extremely weak. But if he abstains from alcohol and other substances, I think we can get his
heart back to normal."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/carter sober again after brush with death_1093856

Че за хрень!?  :mad: На мыло писак этих! Бред про наркоту и алкаш приплели и радуются. НЕ ВЕРю!

да-ну,не верю))) он не мог)))

http://i39.tinypic.com/15efmn8.jpg
Это в пипл написали, а он, к сожалению, не из разряда желтой прессы...
Да и никто не говорит, что Ник алкоголик, зависимости у него нет, а вот пьёт действительно много и часто! Сам говорил, что временами пьёт много, но может остановиться. Тоже мне нашёл увеселительную пилюлю от всех бед и несчастий!((( Также в ноябре или декабре прошлого года он утверждал, что достаточно длительное время, извиняйте сколько месяцев точно не помню, но начиная с "до Раши", он вообще трезвый, как стёклышко! Но за это время его можно было неоднократно видеть очень пьяным! Да и про наркотики он никогда не скрывал! В общем не стоит записывать Ника в разряды алкоголиков или наркоманов, так как это болезни, которыми он не страдает. А вот к чему привели его побеги от многочисленных депрессий и разочарований путём злоупотребления всякой гадости и  к чему приведут... Лично меня это очень беспокоит, только что мы можем сделать...
Конечно было бы очень хорошо, если б всё это было чушью, но...
У меня есть только скан с обложкой пипла, может у кого-то есть отсканированная сама статья, но названия совпадают, думаю, сама статья тоже, да и ссылаются они на пипл... А так как там приводится прямая речь Ника, то за неправдивость информации, это чревато журналу судебным иском, ещё один повод не писать просто так и фиг не зна чё...
Будем надеяться... :'(
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Именно этот номер Пипла выйдет в эту пятницу. Информация есть на официальном майспейсе группы и на сайте. Так что, к сожалению, это правда :'(
Только вот здоровый образ жизни?! по-крайней мере мои взгляды на здоровый образ жизни весьма отличаются от того, что происходит в жизни Ника в данный момент, да и происходило весь хотя бы тот же 2008 год! Но будем надеяться и верить в лучшее

Отредактировано Nicole (05-02-2009 03:37:01)

[взломанный сайт] http://www.mysmiles.ru/super_smilies094.gif http://www.mysmiles.ru/super_smilies099.gif http://www.mysmiles.ru/super_smilies063.gif http://www.mysmiles.ru/003-1.gif http://forumupload.ru/uploads/0000/29/0a/47060-1.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vywNslEYK_c

Отредактировано Ирина (05-02-2009 16:25:03)

Nick Carter: 'I don't want to die' (People Magazine, issue date Feb 16, 2009

Haunted by his troubled childhood, Backstreet Boy Nick Carter entered a harrowing world of alcohol and drug abuse. But after being diagnosed with a potentially fatal heart condition eight months ago, the singer has gotten himself sober and healthy; today, he says, life is 'awesome'

By Marisa Laudadio
Photographs by Andrew Southam

During the decade boy-band heart-throb Nick Carter spent abusing drugs and alcohol - typically downing half a bottle of hard liquor a night, often followed by what he calls a "bump" of cocaine - there wasn't anythingh that could make him stop. Not a 2002 arrest after a Florida bar brawl or a 2005 arrest for DUI. Not his ballooning weight, which shot up to 224 lbs in 2006, or the self-loathing he felt after a May 2008 trip to Russia, when he competed with locals to see who could down the most Sambuca. "There were things happening, proving that maybe what I was doing was out of control, all sorts of crazy stuff," Carter admits. "But every time those red flags would come up, I'd appease people in my inner circle and make them think everything was alright."

Even when it became clear that everything was most definitely not all right - last spring, during the European leg of the Backstreet Boys' tour, he began experiencing a mild discomfort in his chest - Carter would not stop partying. "I was thinking, 'Something is physically wrong with me,'" says the 29-year-old singer, who in June went to Ft. Lauderdale cardiologist Richard Polakoff for two days of medical testing. But the night before his results were due back, "I went out and I just went nuts," he recalls, staring out at the Pacific Ocean through the windows of his high-rise condo in Santa Monica. "I drank so much and did a bunch of blow. I felt like I was trying to kill myself - because I didn't want to get the results."

Carter had good reason to be afraid: The years of abusing his body had left a buildup of toxins in his heart, weakening the muscle so that had difficulty pumping blood. This condition, known as cardiomyopathy (see box), is the same one that led to the death of singer Andy Gibb and killed actor Chris Penn - and Carter learned it could kill him as well if he didn't get clean and sober. "My doctor said, 'You need to change your lifestyle. I don't want you to end up like that,'" Carter says. "I was like, 'I don't want to end up like that either.'"

In the eight months since his diagnosis, Carter has indeed taken dramatic steps to turn his life around. He has lost more than 30 lbs. (see box) and - with the exception of a few slips early on - stopped drinking and doing drugs. "I don't want to die," he says. "I don't want to be that person people read about and think, 'That's sad that he couldn't stop it and killed himself.'"

Yet Carter admits that committing to a clean lifestyle remains a daily challenge, perhaps because his self-destructive behavior was a lifetime in the making. The oldest of five children born to Robert, 56, and Jane, 49, Carter says alcohol was always around when he was growing up in Jamestown, N.Y., where his family owned a bar called the Rebel Yell. "If you want me to be honest, I had my first drink when I was 2 years old," says Carter.

Easy access to alcohol was only part of the story. As revealed on the short-lived E! reality show "House of Carters," family life for Carter and his siblings - Bobbie Jean, 27, Leslie, 22, and twins Aaron and Angel, 21 - was tumultous. "There was a ton of fighting between my mother and father," he says. "The kids would be thrown into the middle, to choose sides." The dysfunction only intensified after Carter found success as "the cute one" in the Backstreet Boys, which he joined at age 12. "Fame is a lot of pressure, especially when you're responsible for your entire family," he says. "Financially, emotionally - everything."

And while he was out touring the world, his home life was falling apart. Not only his parents' marriage breaking down, but rumors - never proven - had started to surface that the Backstreet Boys' former manager Lou Pearlman was behaving inappropriately with some of his boy-band charges. (In 2007 Jane Carter told 'Vanity Fair' that "certain things happened and it almost destroyed our family" but stopped short of specifying how it affected Carter, who did not want to discuss Pearlman with PEOPLE.)
By 2003 Carter's parents hd split, and a tug-of-war over Aaron, a teen pop star, ensued; at one point Aaron considered filing for emancipation. He also accused his mother, who comanaged him for 10 years, of stealing $100,000 from him. (She denied the charge and they settled the dispute a month later.) "We tried to make is seem like there weren't any problems," says Aaron, "and then when there was some sort of argument or fight, it really showed."

Looking back, Carter refuses to point fingers. "It was never a one-way street. You can't just blame one person," he says. Yet the turmoil led to Carter being estranged from his parents and siblings at various points throughout the years. To cope, he drank himself into a stupor; he also took up marijuana inhis late teens before entering what he calls "my Ecstacy phase," eventually moving on to abuse pills, particularly the prescription painkiller Vicodin. Then, in his mid-20s, friends on the Hollywood scene party scene introduced him to cocaine, which he would take to get through all-night clubbing. "I would get tired because we were partying so much, so I would do a bump [of cocaine] just to wake myself up," he says. "I would be that person who would stay at these clubs till the lights come on and they're playing, "Don't Stop Believin'." People are looking a me going, 'Is that Nick Carter?' And I'm like, 'Yeah, it's me gacked up.'"

Yet in a way, his life had never been better. In 2002 he released a solo album that went gold; a year later he embarked on a high-profile relationship with Paris Hilton. But that relationship unraveled seven months later amid accusations that Carter had hit Hilton (a charge he vehemently denied to PEOPLE at the time), and by the time the Backstreet Boys reunited in 2004, it was clear, say his bandmates, that Carter was struggling. "Sometimes the last people you want to take advice from are the people closest to you," says bandmate Howie Dorough, 35. "Nick was on a journey to find himself. When he was scolded, rather than motivating him, he curled up and crawled into a darker hole."

Carter's drinking wasn't the only thing out of control: Although a teenage diet of fast food and candy meant Carter had always been "a little bit overweight," in 2006 he hit an all-time high of 224 lbs., a direct result of his partying. "Healthwise, I was feeling gross, getting bigger," says the 6-ft Carter. He recalls a particularyly raucus night of partying in Hollywood that fall, during which he and a friend "did a bunch of blow" before deciding to take a bus back to his place. "We were walking past a school the next morning, and we look like zombies, and I just remembered these kids looking at me, and I felt so disgusted."

Even after his cardiomypathy diagnosis, Carter struggled to accept that if he wanted to live, he can no longer drink alcohol. Although he is in therapy to help cope with his addictions, there have been a few times, he admits, "where I started to drink, like, a couple of glasses of wine, and I couldn't control it." A blunt talk with his cardiologist set him straight. "Once you get this condition, it can get progressively worse until the heart is extremely weak," says Dr. Polakoff. "But if he abstains from alcohol and other substances, I think we can get his heart back to normal."

Today, Carter is sober, living in a two-story, colonial-style home just outside Nashville ("I had to get away from the temptations" in L.A., he explains) and in the best shape of his life. And while he has not spoken to his father recently, Carter says their relationship is intact, and he is repairing the rift with his mother. "It's a process, and something that's going to take years to mend," he says, "but we're moving forward." Things with his younger brother Aaron have also improved, so much that Aaron moved in with Carter last summer. "I tell him all the time, 'You're a completely different person than a year ago,'" says Aaron. "Then he was irritable, unhappy. And now he's happy, fun to be around."

The biggest change, however, is that Carter is looking forward to the future instead of the past. About to complete a Backstreet Boys world tour, Carter and his bandmates are also recording a new album. And although his parents' divorce proved scarring enough to lead Carter, who has been dating a salesgirl for the past few months, to say, "I don't believe in marriage," he could see himself starting a family "someday, a little ways down the line."

For now Carter's focus remains squarely on himself and his recovery. "I'm trying to make myself better," he says. "But I don't regret anything that I've gone through, because it makes me who I am."

"How he lost 57 lbs.!"
Along with getting clean, Carter has cleaned up his eating habits as well, trading in chicken wings and pizza for three-egg-white omelets, grilled chicken sandwiches and lots of veggies (asparagus and beets are his new favorites). Overall, he limits himself to 2,000 calories a day and works out five times a week.

The good news: Because his condition was caught early, he can prevent his heart from deteriorating further if he abstains from drugs and alcohol. Dr Polakoff urges other heavy partiers to pay attention to their health. "Nick is lucky," says Polakoff. "We saved him from a major tragedy."

"What is cardiomyopathy?"

Although the causes of cardiomyopathy vary - from coronary-artery-disease to a viral infection to diabetes to, in Carter's situation, a buildup of toxins from drugs and alcohol - the result is the same: a weakening of the heart, which in extreme cases can require a transplant or lead to sudden death. Warning signs include shortness of breath, rapid or irregular heartbeat, ankle or leg swelling, fatigue and chest discomfort. It was these last two that prompted Carter to seek help. The good news: Because his condition was caught early, he can prevent his heart from deteriorating further if he abstains from drugs and alcohol. Dr Polakoff urges other heavy partiers to pay attention to their health. "Nick is lucky," says Polakoff. "We saved him from a major tragedy."

Отредактировано Ирина (05-02-2009 17:00:47)

Вы здесь » UNBREAKABLE - Backstreet Forum » Nicholas Gene Carter » Help me>>всё, что вы бы хотели узнать о Нике Картере