UNBREAKABLE - Backstreet Forum

Объявление

ВАЖНАЯ ИНФОРМАЦИЯ
Добро пожаловать, кто бы ты ни был! Этот форум очень скучает без активных пользователей, так что если у тебя есть желание, ты можешь помочь. Для этого можно просто что-нибудь написать ;-)

Группе официально 27 лет. Поздравляем!

Если ты только что зарегистрировался(лась) на нашем форуме, скажи пару слов о себе вот тут и сможешь не только отвечать во всех разделах, но и получишь доступ к скрытым разделам "Курилка", "Мультимедия Backstreet Boys".

Полезные ссылки

BackStreetBoys.Com The Backstreet Boys - Jive Records
Official Youtube Channel Official Fan Club
Official AJ's Website Official Howie D's Website Official Nick's Website
Official Brian's Website Backstreet Boys' Twitter
AJ's Twitter Brian's Twitter
Howie's Twitter Kevin's Twitter Nick's Twitter
BSB Element
BSB Brasil

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » UNBREAKABLE - Backstreet Forum » Backstreet Boys » News >> Выпуск номер 2

News >> Выпуск номер 2

Сообщений 21 страница 40 из 252

missNX написал(а):

Киев,который 13-го находится в России

Не одно мы блондинки, назначив встречу на Новокузнецкой, приезжаем на Павелецкую или ищем МакДак на Соколе, который в Сокольниках  :D

А вот первые вести из чартов о продажах альбома. И вести-то Отличные ;) [взломанный сайт] http://forumupload.ru/uploads/0000/29/0a/50806-1.png http://forumupload.ru/uploads/0000/29/0a/55596-1.gif
This Is Us has sold more than 91,000 copies in Japan and started off by leading the charts and the current positon is #2.
At Itunes, Deluxe Edition is currently at #9 on the Overall Charts, #3 on the Pop Charts and the Bonus Track Edition is #8 on the Pop charts.

ЫТЬ!!!

Очередные позиции в чартах  :jumping: :
CANADA
Overall
Deluxe #4, Bonus track version #5
Pop
Deluxe #1, Bonus track version #2

UNITED STATES
Overall
Deluxe #4, Bonus track version #31
Pop
Deluxe #1, Bonus track version #5

UNITED KINGDOM
Overall
Deluxe #27, Bonus track version #73
Pop
Deluxe #9, Bonus track version #27

[взломанный сайт] [взломанный сайт]

Ховяк снова нафлудил новое интервью.
Молодчиночка. Пока Брайка лечится, Ховка единолично пиарит альбом  :cool:
Howie Dorough's calendar is booked up clear into 2011. Between now and then, the Backstreet Boy and his mates--Brian Littrell, Nick Carter and A.J. McLean--plan to travel the world in support of their latest album, "This is Us," which hit stores yesterday (10/6).

"We just got back from Japan doing some promo," Dorough said during an interview with LiveDaily. "The album got released there last week and we were over there and in Singapore doing the Formula One race."

Some planned promo work was scrapped when group member Brian Littrell came down with the swine flu, but Dorough said the band will soon head to Los Angeles to finish rehearsals for a planned tour.

"This is Us" is the Backstreet Boys' seventh studio album and features collaborations with a powerhouse suite of producers and songwriters, including T-Pain, Max Martin, RedOne, Soulshock and Karlin, Jim Jonsin and Claude Kelly.

Dorough talked to LiveDaily about the new album, working with T-Pain and the joy of in-ear monitors on tour.

LiveDaily: Tell me about the new album. Why did you decide to name it "This is Us"?

Howie Dorough: There's an album track called "This Is Us," which I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to co-write. The guys, when we were racking our brains thinking of names for the album, somebody said, "What about 'This is Us'? That's interesting." With this album, we feel like we kind of went back to what people really know of the Backstreet Boys, the sound of the pop/R&B with a little Euro-dance influence We felt this is what the Backstreet Boys are really known for. We went in this direction and "This is Us."

You alluded to the fact that you were able to co-write many other songs?

We actually did another song called "She's a Dream." It was a song that we did with T-Pain. We had a chance to work on that one as well as "Internationally." It was really, really great. We had an amazing time making this album. We put a wish list out there to work with some of the top producers, [and] we pretty much got 95 percent of those producers back. It was so awesome. We were just so blessed to hear that producers were excited about working with us..... We made an amazing album that we're really, really proud of.

What was it like to work with T-Pain?

T-Pain was awesome. First of all, he's a labelmate on Jive Records with us. He's so talented. We joked for awhile [that] he's got ADD. He's constantly working on one thing and he's [simultaneously] working on a beat in the background. His mind is going a 100 miles an hour He's amazing. He's like a musical genius.

Which producer do you think you learned the most from?

We worked the most with Jim Jonsin, who's really well known for T.I. and Soulja Boy, "Kiss Me Through the Phone." He's great writer. He's one of the ones I co-wrote "This is Us" with. I think us being with him, we were with him for about two-and-a-half weeks. We got very creative with him working on a bunch of stuff. "This is Us" was the only song on the album that we co-wrote with him. He has a couple other songs on there. One of them is a duet we did with Pitbull, called "Helpless." He's just such a great guy. He's very, very open minded. Very cool about writing with us. His beats are just unbelievable. RedOne was amazing. He's such a talented guy. We hadn't worked with him before but we found he was from Sweden. He had been following our career for many years, working with Max Martin and the Swedish camp over there. He's an amazing writer/producer. He's having great luck right now with Lady Gaga. You can tell why he's on such a hot streak because he's just so talented.

This is your seventh studio album. To what do you owe your longevity?

I'd say probably because we always write to raise the bar on the album. We're definitely not settling. We're trying to outdo ourselves from album to album and pushing the envelope. I think this record did that. I think we were able to push the envelope and really get out there and make a record that you can listen to from top to bottom. Hopefully, every song can be [a possible] single. I think that [is one reason], as well as us just trying to be very creative and artistic, not only when it comes to our records, but our shows, our performances on TV, as well as us just working as a great team together. We communicate very well. We definitely have our ups and downs. Overall, we work as a really, really great team. We all add something to the table.

Which single are you most proud of?

"Straight Through My Heart" was the first single. That's the one we did with RedOne, which I'm very proud of. I think it was a great first single. The second single is going to be "Bigger," which we just shot the video for in Japan. I think it's going to be a huge song. It's definitely a signature Backstreet Boys song. As soon as you hear the chorus and the verses, I think people are going to go "Backstreet Boys. That's what we know of them." I'm not exactly sure of the third single. There's so many great songs on there. We even have a hard time deciding because we hand-crafted each song and put so much time and effort into making the record. There's a good 12 singles that could be on there.

What can we expect from your shows when you tour the US?

We're gonna put an amazing show together. I think everybody's going to look back and say, "Ah, that's what we know the Backstreet Boys for." It's going to be a show very reminiscent of the "Millennium" or "Black and Blue"[tours] with a great stage production. We'll have four dancers out with us. We're going to have a couple surprises that I don't want to give away yet. But I think it's going to be definitely turning people's eye and ears and be like, "Wow, they did it again."

How do you keep your concentration with all the screaming in the background?

It's been a blessing we have those little in-ear monitors. Without those, I think our voices would be half damaged by now. I wonder how we did it before they came out. Those things have been a blessing to us. They help us save our voices but it's very flattering. What guy wouldn't want a bunch of screaming girls? We have some of the best fans all around the world.

Backstreet’s Back…to Their Roots
(с)wwwsingaporekopitiam.sg

The Backstreet Boys were in town recently for their concert at the Singapore F1 race and to promote their latest album. Singapore Kopitiam joins the queue to see what the fuss is all about.

While other boy bands of their era have broken up, the Backstreet Boys (BSB) are still going strong. It’s hard to imagine the Boys -- Nick Carter (age 29), Brian Littrell (34), Howie Dorough (36) and AJ McLean (31)
In town recently to perform at the Singapore F1 Grand Prix, the boys took some time out to preview tracks off their new album and getting quizzed from some of their ardent fans in a Meet & Greet session at the Fairmont Hotel’s Ink Club Bar.The latest studio album -- entitled “This Is Us” -- is the group’s seventh, and sees them going back to the uptempo dance style they started off with. Many would consider this a surprising move, especially since the group have always prided themselves on their vocal harmony.

Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter offered an explanation as to the change in musical and creative direction.

“We had to look back on the past and see who we were, and what our fans liked the most. We feel we did it with this album,” said the Carter at the interview session. “We did it from a current standpoint and got a lot of great producers to help. That’s why the album is called This Is Us.”

One thing’s for sure: The boys are hell-bent on hogging the radio again. While their previous two albums, “Unbreakable” and “Never Gone”, received lukewarm response from the public, the new album features a slew of powerhouse producers and songwriters. No expense has been spared in engaging producers like T-Pain, RedOne and Claude Kelly. Miami rapper Pitbull was also roped in to collaborate on the hip-hop inspired track Helpless.

No BSB album is complete, though, without those heart-wrenching ballads. After all, how else will the four boys show off their impeccable voices and warm the hearts of their predominantly female fans? And true to form, “This Is Us” features three ballads where the boys sing about love, or the lack thereof.

Producer du jour, Ryan Tedder of One Republic, has produced award-winning songs for superstars like Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson. His Midas Touch is again evident on the track Undone, a haunting song about love lost and one that has all the makings of a potential chart-topper.

“We pride ourselves on making good music. Each record, we try to top the last one. And I think this record, we’re all very proud of it,” added Howie Dorough.

Howie also hinted at a possible stop in Singapore for their “This Is Us” world tour early next year. So ladies, start saving up!
http://www.singaporekopitiam.sg/images/photos/4acab37d06687.jpg
http://www.singaporekopitiam.sg/images/photos/4acab37d0f2d8.jpg
http://www.singaporekopitiam.sg/images/photos/4acab37d154a2.jpg

Перевод интервью Парней для итальянского издания Vanity Fair.
Backstreet Boys - those old boys
(с) LiveDaily
In the 90's, singing and dancing, they sent crowds of teenagers into ecstacy. Now the music's changed. They've grown up, they've broken up and then they've come back together, one oe them has left the group, other two have built a family. Just like their fans, who go to their concerts with their kids.
"Did you like the new album? Would you buy it if we were a new band?" On the terrace of a bar in Zurich, Backstreet Boys lounch themselves in an extempore market survey.
Its not difficoult to understand why. Since when the reformed, in 2005, the couldnt repeat the success they had in the 90's, the gold age of boy bands, those groups of singers-dancers, young and good looking who were there for a teenage audience. In particular, their latest album, Unbreakable, out in 2007, had a response under the expectations, with only 150,000 copies sold worldwide. Now the group, formed by Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell an Alexander James McLean, without Kevin Richardson, have another effort with this is us, out in Italy a few days ago. Brian Littrell says:"The title says it all: this is us. It's a come back to our origins".
they still call you backstreet boys, but you're not boys anymore. You've grown up and two of you, Brian an Howie, had a son
Aj: i dont. But i have two dogs.
B: luckily he hasnt got any children.
Aj: why? Maybe i'll have them before I'll be 40. But now Im single.
N: Alex, dont lie!
and you Brian? Does your son know that his dad is a Backstreet Boy?
B: yes. He always tells his classmates, and they say:"back what?". I have to tell him to stop.
what would you say to your son if he wanted to enter in a boy band?
B: I'd suggest him to be a solo artist. No, I'm joking. Actually, he has alredy told me he'd like to sing, but it's too early. If his intentions are serious, I'll give him my support.
Nick, you seem to be allergic to family
N: For the moment I dont feel the need to have one. I'll think about it in five years.
your relationship with Paris Hilton, few days ago, had a big echo. Now we dont know anything about you. Do you have a girlfriend?
N: at the moment Im dating a girl. She's really different from Paris Hilton, she's an ordinary girl. I cant tell you who she is, i can only tell you I dont believe in marriage. I believe in being together.
B: the truth is that he doesnt believe in the partition of the properties.
lets talk about music. Now kids prefer tokio hotel and jonas brothers
Aj: but those are real band, they play instruments. They dont dance, they are another thing. We focus on singing and dancing. We can play, but we dont do that: its not part of our way to create a show.
but at your age, do you still dance? Havent you get tired of it yet?
Aj: of course we still dance, you will see what we are going to do during our tour.
B: dancing makes us feel young again and keeps us in shape. You need to be ok to go on stage.
in the past there were photos where you seemed to have put on some weight. You let yourself go.
B: yeah, but now we feel great.
how do you make yourself fit?
B: see, one day in our life is really animated. We wake up early, some of us go to gym, others dont. Then we have 8 - 10 hours of rehearsals. At night we go back home really tired. Its a really hard job to be a backstreet boy.
are you serious?
B: A lot of people think our life is all about fun and dream journeys, but its not like that. In this job you need commitment and constancy.
besides you, take that and new kids on the block are back. How do you explain yourself this boybands revival?
Aj: simple: history repeating. Its like fashion.
N: boybands have always made great fun pop music. Now, with the crisis, people just want to smile, to distract themselves off their problems listening to good music. And in fact we, take that and nkotb have still the largest number of fans, compared to all the other boyband of all time.
I guess Kevin's departure has disoriented your fans
N: we were worried, but at the end our audience still wanted to listen to us sing.
who is your audience now?
N: we see a little of everything during our concerts. Old, young, teenagers, families with kids. A lot of fans have grown up with us and our music.
B:its strange. We were in Berlin recently signing autographs and we understood there were a lot of boys there.
do you have a lot of gay fans?
Brobably, but we dont know it for sure. The fans in Berlin werent all gay, for sure.
unbreakable, your previous record, didnt do too well.
B: for unbreakable we wanted a pop dance sound, but at the concerts there was a band playing live. The experiment hasnt worked. Now we worked with the best producers in the world and its been easier to create what we wanted.
Aj: we've repossessed our identity of band that expresses itself live:we are performers first of all. Unbreakable was a deviation.
is that all? It was just the sound that didnt work?
B: the media havent covered the release of the album. We've been unfortunate. When our first single came out, in the US the authors of the tv shows were on strike so our promo went up in smoke. It was also during the holidays and it was the end of the year. It wasnt a great moment.
people used to say that Sony wanted to dismiss you.
N:no,we've never risked to be dismissed.
no tensions?
B: they were skeptical. But you have to keep in mind that at that time the Sony was having a lot of renovations. They were deciding the strategy of the investment and, since its difficult to sell records nowadays, make a decision, for a record company, is really tricky.
what do you think about the music crisis, having sold 80millions copies?
N:when we started, there wasnt the illegal download. We can say that nowadays is easier to sell tickets for the concert: you cant download live experiences.
Aj: i think that in a few years record companies will become an obsolete system and they'll be repleaced by one big compaign. This is the direction. Its enough to see all the latest fusions there have been between record companies. But as long as we are able to not care about how many records we sell, we can concentrate about doing our job and tours the best way we can.
do record companies only bet on known artists?
B:well, lets be honest: bsb is a mark that in some countries, like in Japan for example, means certain sales. For our record company we are a guarantee.

И сканы. Пощу здесь, т.к. все эти фотки в "новых фотках" уже есть  :flag:

Music Review: Backstreet Boys' seventh CD, 'This Is Us,' drags
By: MESFIN FEKADU
Associated Press
10/07/09 11:50 AM EDT

Backstreet Boys, "This Is Us" (Jive Records)

The newest CD from the Backstreet Boys features a number of uptempo, club-sounding songs — but the weak effort from this quartet won't have you running to the dance floor.

"This Is Us," the group's seventh studio album, is full of boring, uneventful tracks — though hitmaking producers like RedOne, T-Pain, Jim Jonsin and Ryan Tedder help out.

What may be most disappointing is that Swedish producer Max Martin — who helmed classic grooves for the boy band like "I Want it That Way" and "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" — fails to present anything as addictive on "This Is Us."

"Straight Through My Heart," the lead single, is too average as is "She's a Dream," a poorly written love tale. The worst is "PDA," where the boys claim they will be "kissing, touching with my hands all over your booty" at Starbucks, the club, restaurant, grocery store, movies and beach. Stop. Please. Thank you.

At times, the production of the songs proves to be too powerful — pushing the boys to the background, especially on the Britney Spears-sounding "Masquerade."

The group should have recorded more songs with Claude Kelly, Soulshock and Karlin. Those producers work on "Bye Bye Love" and "If I Knew Then," the only standouts on the dragging "This Is Us."

CHECK THIS TRACK OUT: "Bye Bye Love" is the most refreshing song this CD offers.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com

Backstreet Boys' This Is Us Embraces 'Dirty South Sound,' Brian Littrell Says
'I think This Is Us is definitely the Backstreet Boys being comfortable with who we are,' Littrell says.

The Backstreet Boys are back. And on their latest album, This Is Us, the guys are declaring their return to the sound that made them famous back in the late '90s.

Gone are the adult-contemporary touches they've favored in recent years. It's back to the pulsating beats and dance-music vibe. And Brian Littrell thinks now is the perfect time for the guys to show the world they still have what it takes.

"I think This Is Us is definitely the Backstreet Boys being comfortable with who we are," he told MTV News about the album, which dropped last week. "If you go back to 1995 and '96, when we first started releasing records, the thing is, those sounds that we were using then are actually back in style. The live-band sound is away. The techno drums, the Euro dance sound has taken over the airwaves with the Lady Gagas."

But Littrell is quick to point out that the guys aren't just jumping on the bandwagon of Top 40 trends. "We've been doing it for a long time," he said. "When we went back in the studio, the reason we went with this direction was we wanted to be able to dance onstage. We wanted to move around."

Since the guys have been together for so long, Littrell said critics and fans need to realize the group has to grow up. "When we do a record like This Is Us and it turned heads a little bit, like, 'Wow, it's edgier. It's different,' " Littrell said. "My thing is, back up 15 years ago, 'cause it sounds like what we were doing 15 years ago. It has a little more urban feel to it. Then again, we have to go back to our roots. We were all a bunch of Justin Timberlakes listening to R&B music before there was Justin Timberlake."

For the album, the boys hooked up with longtime collaborator Max Martin, as well as a few new faces, like Lady Gaga producer RedOne, T-Pain and Ryan Tedder.

"Everybody has us trapped in a box," he said. "Working with a guy like T-Pain, you have no choice but to get an R&B, hip-hop vibe, which is what we wanted to do. It's not just because T-Pain is T-Pain. We're fans as well, even though we're entertainers. We pulled in the Jim Johnsons, who did T.I.'s 'Whatever You Like' and Soulja Boy, what we call that dirty South sound."

For Littrell's favorite track on the album, the midtempo love ballad "Undone," the guys hooked up with OneRepublic frontman Tedder. "You can play it for anybody and you wouldn't know that it's us," he said. "That's when the song sells itself."

+ аудио
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/162393 … boys.jhtml

Отредактировано T.V. (16-10-2009 19:46:52)

WESTLIFE have nabbed a power ballad from Leona Lewis for their new album.

Label boss Simon Cowell, 50, loved the song Shadows – penned by Backstreet Boys star AJ McLean and OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder, 31 – so much he whipped away the tune for the boyband.

Excited AJ told me: “Ryan and I wrote the song for the new Backstreet album, but it didn’t make it.

“When Simon heard it he loved it, and initially wanted it to go on the Leona record. Then he decided as it was more of a boyband song it’d suit Westlife better.”

Backstreet are back themselves with album This Is Us and a UK tour in November, kicking off in Newcastle on the 3rd.

Westlife drop their new long-player on November 30 and first single What About Now on Monday.

AJ, 31, said: “I’m a Simon Cowell fan. At one point he was saying he was such a big fan of us that he spoke to the American Idol producers about doing a show with all the hits of Backstreet Boys.”

Backstreet are confident their new opus, which features tunes by Lady GaGa collaborator RedOne, puts them back on the map.

Brian Littrell, 34, said: “Some people wanna put you in a box of what was, and not really grow with you. All we want to do is make great music that we are happy with.

“When you stick a brand name like BSB on a song, sometimes you put a limit on it because people think it’s going to be boyband crap.”

Backstreet have also been keeping an eye on 35-year-old Robbie Williams’ comeback Bodies. Brian revealed: “We are big fans of Robbie. It’s a great song.”
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/vie … -s-ballad/

Interview: Backstreet Boys' Brian Littrell

Author: Clayton Perry — Published: Oct 23, 2009 at 11:51 am

Although Brian Littrell is best-known for being a member of the Backstreet Boys, he is also a highly-regarded contemporary Christian recording artist. And while Brian’s secular journey with “the Boys” never clouded his spiritual faith, his openness about his faith made him stand out from his fellow band mates. Together, however, the Backstreet Boys would define (and in many ways, reshape) the contemporary musical landscape.

Over the past two decades, the Backstreet Boys have sold more than 100 million records. And within the annals of history, they stand shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the best-selling artists of all-time. Beyond all shadow of doubt, as far as vocal groups are concerned, the Backstreet Boys paved viable, commercial paths for N*SYNC, 98 Degrees and Westlife.

Upon the release of This Is Us, the band’s seventh studio album, Brian Littrell managed to squeeze some time out of his busy schedule and settle down for an interview with Clayton Perry—reflecting on his faith in God, the Backstreet Boys’ legacy, and the group’s successful blending of pop and R&B.

From the very beginning, God has shown tremendous favor over your life. Do you ever wonder why you were chosen to lead the life that you lead?

You know, we tend to forget how good God is in our lives. It’s a wonderful, wonderful opportunity. The funny thing is that I am human and I ask myself that every day. It’s a lot to take on, I’ll tell you that. It’s a lot to take on. But at the same time, I do Christian music as a solo artist on the side, so I can make people think about other things as well. You know, I’m not a preacher. I’m not an evangelist. I don’t go around, wanting to tell everybody that they’re going to die and burn in hell [laughing].

Right! [laughing]

So, I know why God has put me in this situation. I get to go to work and do something that I still love and that I’m still passionate about and affecting people’s lives in a positive way through pop music with the Backstreet Boys. My job is to use my gift that has been given to me and I’m going to use it as long as I can. But yeah, I mean, I’m blessed. I’m blessed. I’m fortunate. I’m happy to be able to articulate thoughts and feelings through music. I’m fortunate to be able to have experiences in my life that I can share with fans through music and be able to translate that. I mean, that’s what music is about: tying into an emotion where you remember a song of the girl that you were dating at the time in 1988, listening to whoever you were listening to, sitting on the side of the curb, thinking, “Man, I just broke up with my girl and that’s the song that I heard.” We share a lot of memories like that with people. We share a lot of first concerts with people. I get every day somebody at the supermarket or somebody on tour like, “You know, you were the first concert that I ever saw when I was nine,” and now they’re like 20.
Wow, that’s amazing!

So they’re still coming to the shows. That’s a blessing.

You, A.J., Howie and Nick all have unique, God-given gifts, which fuse together wonderfully. A recent press release honed in on this and gave you guys credit for redefining the modern musical landscape. What do you consider to be the Backstreet Boys’ greatest contribution to the music industry?

Wow, that’s a good question. I don’t know that I would say that we could take credit for redefining the landscape of music. But… I think that we were right on top of a certain time in our lives. With this generation – our generation of music lovers with the boom of the Internet and how things have changed in the past ten years – yes, the Backstreet Boys have been right on the cutting edge or the cusp of that. But, you know, at the end of the day I just hope that people look back at the material that we’ve done and will eventually look at it as something that was great – as something that was great for that time, something that people looked at as we continued to grow, as like, “Wow!” We are musicians, we are songwriters, we are a lot of other things other than the typical boy band. And I think as we’ve changed the landscape or whatever the bio says, I think at the end of the day, we just try to make good quality music. It comes down to the music. It doesn’t come down to the hype or the look or the feel or the time, it comes down to the quality of the material on the record. We’ve always talked about from day one, quality is better than quantity.

Even though quality is better than quantity, to date, the Backstreet Boys have sold over 100 million records.

And you know, there was a time in the music world that you could sell ten million albums in the US alone. There was a time that you could sell a million in the first day. And I think artists and the musical landscape has changed over those past years – there’s been so many artists that have had one successful great song that has been played on the radio, and you buy their album and their album is nothing. It’s nothing but that one good song.

Right.

And I think that the Backstreet Boys have always prided ourselves in having ten, eleven, twelve singles – what we call singles – on a record. You know, every song that is recorded for a Backstreet Boys record has a shot to be the first single. We don’t record it if it doesn’t have a shot to be the first single, you know? And it’s – I think, as I look back on what we’ve done and hopefully continue to do – our biggest benchmark that we’ve gotten through over the years is just sticking together, to be honest with you.

Why do you think you succeeded when so many others failed?

You know, a group like us doesn’t have a long shelf life. A group like us is lucky if we have two records. Well, we just released our seventh album. Today’s generation of music lovers that maybe didn’t grow up with The Beatles and grew up with The Backstreet Boys don’t know that The Beatles were only together for seven years. And their legacy continues to live on. That’s what I hope for us someday. That’s what I hope, that people turn around someday and say, “Wow, you know, they did it. They stuck together. They did something that no other group did.” There is no N*SYNC anymore. There is no 98 Degrees. There are no other boy band that’s out there. The New Kids on the Block took a fifteen-year hiatus while we were working our butts off, and then came back with their CD. So, you go and interview them and they’ll tell you a lot has changed. But, you know, from our impact in the industry, I just hope that people look back and say, “Wow! These guys really did it. They stuck together and they stayed true to who they are as musicians.” You know, if you listen to This is Us that came out [October 6, 2009,] versus our very first CD, you’ll find a lot of similarities. You’ll find a whole lot of similarities of the sounds and the things that we were using fifteen years ago that are back in style now today on radio. And it’s crazy. I mean, music is like fashion, you know? It just comes in circles and waves. And you stick around long enough you’re relevant again.

Yeah, it comes right back at you. You know, when you go back to your first album, [Backstreet Boys], and it’s kind of similar to your latest, [This Is Us]. One thing that I think the group just has been very good at is kind of blurring the lines between R&B and pop. You were able to reach a wide audience and pull from people of all backgrounds. Was the task as easy as it seemed? When you are formulating your albums, how much of it is conscious and how much of it is unconscious?

Well, I’ll say that we all grew up listening to Shai and to Jodeci and to Boyz II Men and New Edition – groups like that. So our influences initially were more rhythm and blues, you know, there wasn’t really a hip-hop at the time, unless you were like Kris Kross or something. But it’s funny that you say that because we have the R&B influence, but when we sing, as much as we try to be R&B, we’re really not. And I think that’s how the lines of blurring in between the R&B and the pop has been so successful for us. We’re singers first, you know, and in a boy band you always have one guy that can kind of do everything and everybody else just sits back and looks pretty [laughing]. That’s not the case with us.

Very true [laughing].

We sing a capella. We sing for real. When you come to a show, live, you know we’re singing our butts off. We’re not playing the CD and miming everything! [laughing] But for us to kind of blur the lines it was – in the beginning it was a conscious effort. In the beginning it was a little more of the R&B and kind of trying purposely to blur the lines, because that’s the music that we like. That’s the music that we still like today. So when you listen to a song like “Undone” on the record, or you listen to the title track, “This Is Us,” it has that urbanesque feeling to it. But again, you put all of our vocals over an urban track and it makes it a pop song with an urban feel.

Right.

So blurring those lines, the older we got, we never really tried to blur those lines; it just is what it is. It’s not rocket science, you know? It’s like we do have that special sound when we all sing together that is recognizable. It’s like, “Wow! Where have I heard that before?” You know? “Well I might have heard it on ‘Quit Playing Games’ or I might have heard it on ‘I Want it That Way’ or ‘Backstreet’s Back’ or ‘All I Have to Give’ or ‘I’ll Never Break Your Heart’ or . . . ” You know, the list goes on and on.

And on and on [laughing].

And on and on [laughing]. And again, it’s like that signature sound. And in radio today and in the music industry today, a lot of people don’t get that life on the radio for people to really connect to you. You know, you get one shot and that’s it and if you don’t succeed on that one shot, you just go away.

When you look at this particular album, [This Is Us], within the context of your 16 year career, what thoughts immediately come to mind?

Well, “Straight Through My Heart” was actually the last song that we cut for this record. That’s normally the story of our life: it’s always that last song that ends up being the first one.

Interesting. Has your recording process changed?

You know, it’s funny. When you’re recording a record, you always continue to raise the bar. You have one song that happens to be your favorite and then every other song has to measure up to that song. We were able to work with the producer and writer RedOne, who did all of Lady GaGa’s stuff – like “Poker Face” and “Just Dance,” and things that are very, very hot on the radio for the past couple of months, and probably will continue to be hot on the radio in the future. When we had an opportunity to work with him, the really cool thing was we found out that he was a huge Backstreet Boys fan. He grew up in Sweden, where, if you are a Backstreet Boys fan, you know that Sweden is special to us because that’s where we first went to Europe and started working with a guy named Denniz PoP who did all of the Ace of Base stuff. His successor would be a guy named Max Martin, who did anything and everything from 1996 until now – from Pink to Kelly Clarkson to Backstreet Boys to N*SYNC. I mean, you name it, Britney, everything. And if you’re not a Backstreet Boys fan, we went into recording this record with the attitude that we wanted to make a dance record. We wanted to make a record that made people feel happy, that you could put it on and listen to the whole thing, want to dance to it, want to move to it. Not only are we known for our melodies and our sound, but we’re known for putting together an entertaining show.

Is there a particular tour that holds a special place in your heart?

Back in the day, we got an award for our Millennium tour: [“Most Creative Stage Production” from Pollstar]. It blows my mind that 1999 was almost eleven years ago. But at the same time, the past two records, the Never Gone CD and the Unbreakable CD that came out over the last four years, have really been a growing process, I think, for us as a group. Because every artist kind of searches for themselves, trying to find what is really them, what’s right for them, what’s their niche. In the beginning, we had so much success from our early stuff that it really dictated who we were at the time. And as we started to grow up and as we started to venture out into other musical realms, our tastes started to change. You end up putting together new music, putting together stuff that you’re happy with. So at first when we go into the mindset of recording, we want to do music that we know we like that we’re a fan of. Because if we like it, then we feel like we can share it with the world. It’s not always an easy thing to share your songs with the whole world because even today, still, I’m running around singing “Quit Playing Games With My Heart,” and I’m sick of it, you know? Because I’ve been singing it forever! But at the same time, it really put us on the map in the music world, being a silly, happy love song that people remember at a certain time in their life – whether they were in grade school or they were in middle school or high school or college, it doesn’t matter. That’s the thing. But we always try to raise the bar. We always try to continue to grow. I want people to look back on us and say, “One, they’re still doing it. Two, they’re still relevant in today’s music world.” And that’s difficult. That’s very, very difficult to say stay relevant, I think, because the US market is so fast that everything is just hit and miss, you know?

For more information on the Backstreet Boys, visit the group’s official website.

Backstreet Boys to play 'Xtra Factor'
Thursday, October 29 2009, 15:58 GMT

By David Balls, Music Reporter

Backstreet Boys have been confirmed to appear on The Xtra Factor on Sunday.

The group, who released new album This Is Us last month, will join the remaining contestants and perform their latest single 'Bigger' on the ITV2 show.

The boyband embark on a six-date tour of the UK next month, kicking off in Newcastle on November 3.

They play further shows in Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham and Liverpool before ending up in London on November 10.

JLS and Bon Jovi were recently confirmed to perform on The X Factor on Sunday.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/new … actor.html

Backstreet's back, all right

The pop foursome say getting older has not mellowed them at all

Updated 05:30 PM Oct 30, 2009

ONE minute into our interview and A J McLean of the American pop group Backstreet Boys is already enthusing about why he loves Singapore.

"I love Singapore! It's one of the most pristine, clean places in the world," he mused.

"You could eat off the ground - I mean I wouldn't eat off any ground, period, but everyone here is so nice it makes you want to come back."

And back they'll be.

The group were here last month to perform a couple of sets during the Grand Prix season, but they revealed that they're already making plans to come back next year with a show that's bigger and better than ever before.

At the moment, their immediate concern is the new album, This Is Us, a collection of dancey club tracks interspersed with the occasional ballad that they're famous for.

"For this album, we decided to take a conscious moment to think about what the Backstreet Boys are," said Howie Dorough.

"And there's one that we pride ourselves in: It's making good pop music. We didn't want to try to overthink it. We didn't want to become so artistic that people don't know who we are."

No chance of that happening here. The dancey first single Straight Through My Heart was a Top 10 hit in most countries, but both Howie and A J say that with so many great pop songs in their repertoire, there was some pressure to try to better their previous hits.

"I think we always try to top ourselves," said Howie. "We always put pressure on ourselves, but it's a healthy pressure."

"Look at some of the biggest groups in the world - they're always trying to do better," said A J. "Always try to one up yourself."

A J, we heard that you sometimes make up the lyrics to the songs. True?

A J McLean: Totally. I'll forget the words and I'll make up my own words while on stage! But luckily the audience sings along with the right words, so that's cool! (Laughs)

Howie, you've got a son, James. How do you balance being dad and pop star?

Howie Dorough: I thought that having a child was going to be so exhausting but I've got a great wife (Leigh) and she takes care of the baby while I'm working. I definitely miss him, but he's also very young - he's five months - so I don't think he'll know I'm travelling.

AJ: I think it'll be harder for you and Leigh if she had a full-time job like you. Then it would be like more stressful.

HD: We want to raise our own kids ourselves. I don't want us to be like those Hollywood families, with the kids growing up not knowing their parents. But we've decided that we're not going to be shy about it when the time comes, that if we need help, we're going to ask for it, whether it's family or hired help.

Few boybands have as much staying power as you guys. What's your secret?

HD: We just try to respect each other and know that everybody has certain needs and wants and issues and just learn to work with each other as a team.

AJ: How to push their buttons to make them laugh or get mad or cry. We're family so we know all these ins-and-outs.

Who complains the most?

AJ: I don't think anybody really truly complains. I used to complain the least, but I'm getting more irritable. Instead of mellowing out, I get easily agitated. People piss me off now so quickly. My patience used to be the highest in the group, now I fly off the handle so quickly.

HD: He needs his proper amount of sleep, he needs his days off.

AJ: Shut up!

This Is Us is out in stores now.

http://www.todayonline.com

http://i016.radikal.ru/0911/2b/479ec0a64eb5t.jpg

Ой,спасибо большое,я скопирую к себе?) :cool:

Hello everyone...

How are you ?

So finally, I'm coming to you to give you the full story about my interview with the Backstreet Boys. It was quite an experience in any kind of way!

For those who didn't follow, I got the opportunity to interview the boys this last friday. I've learnt the news on Thursday, so I didn't have that time left to prepare it. I asked the fan from this forum and some fansites to help me out. I got some good questions from you all and I thank you for that. Here's the full story (I'll edit it later to fit the article I'm gonna write in french for the magazine I work for).

First of all, I had a meeting with the staff scheduled at 6.45 pm... I brought my wife with me (she was a big fan before... and we actually met at a Backstreet Boys show in 1998) as she also work for the magazine. We left Brussels, heading to Antwerp, at 5.pm... But after 5 minutes, we got stucked in the traffic jam because of an accident. You can imagine how stressed we were ("Come on! Not today please!")

We were blocked for an hour... and then, we had to rush to arrive in Antwerp in time.
We arrived a the lotto arena at 7.00pm... I just had the time to drop Charlene (my wife) at the entrance and then I had to park the car somewhere. I found a spot, ran out of the car, arrived at the entrance, call the staff... and they say they don't wanna let me in because there's already someone from my magazine inside (my wife that is). I had to negociate 10 minutes withe girl from Sony music before they let me in... I had to enter the room while my wife was already doing the interview... but here we were, finally meeting AJ and Brian (Howie was not there and Nick didn't want to do an interview... We saw him coming close to us, looking at us from head to toes without a word -'hello' or something- He looked a lot pretencious)

When Charlene arrived, the guys were about to shake hands, but she directly said :

Charlene "Can I have a kiss please ?"

AJ: "Of course"

Charlene: "(To AJ) You're so nice. (then to Brian) You don't know who you are to me. I can't believe this is happening. First of all, I'm not really a journalist, my husband is... But he's stucked outside because we were late...

The guys to the staff: "Come on, let him in"

Charlene: "Thanks guys ... Younger, I was a huuuge fan of you, I would have just screamed and jumped on you if I had met you then. "

Eveybody laugh...

Then, I finally enter the room : "Hi guys, sorry, I'm late...."

AJ: "That's cool man ! ..."

Charlene : Ok, first of all let us tell you that it is a big pleasure for us to finally meet you because first of all, we’ve both been to all of your concerts in Belgium since the very beginning of your career and most of all because without you we would never have met. We met 11 years ago at your concert in Gent and we are now married and so happy together…What’s more, we make music together….that is all thanks to you

Brian: "Woaw, great !!"
AJ: "Backstreet boys bringing couples together ? That's cool!"

Laurent: " Ok, let's start. This album is called, “this is us”, Does that mean that this album really IS YOU, that it represents your music, your world more than your other albums?"

AJ: "Yes, it is actually. "Never gone" was more like a kinda rock album, wich was cool but it wasn't really us. We wanted to recreate the Backstreet sound. We found it back a bit with "Unbreakable" but we really think we found it with this new album"

Charlene: "I'm surprised because when we know your musical tastes and your personalities, we expect something a bit more special, unexpected...

Brian: "We wanted songs that we could dance ton on tour because, on the previous tour, the reaction of the audience was better for the old songs than the new one. This time, we wanted everybody to dance on our new songs. We really wanted to go back to real backstreet sound."

Charlene: So you like every track of the album and you were free to chose all the songs that made it on the final tracklist ?

Both: Yes, if one of us doesn't like a song, we don't put it on the record

Brian: Of course, our personal tastes and Backstreet Boys music aren't aren't exactly the same but we like our music and we are proud of this album.

Charlene: But I've read on the internet that Brian didsn't like "Masquerade" ? Is it true? And if it is, why did you keep it ?

Brian: Well, we got a voting system. Before Kevin's departure, we were 5 so there was always a majority. Now, we're 4, so sometimes, it's 2 against 2 and, in this case, this our label our our management that take the final decision. In the case of "Masquerade", that's a guy from our label that decided to keep it.

AJ: And we should fire him (laugh) Because Brian and I had voted for "Fallen Angel" instead.

Charlène: I love "Fallen angel", that's such a good song. I'm sorry to admit it but I've downloaded some tracks that were leaked. I was disapointed that it wasn't on the record.

- Brian starts to sing the chorus of "Fallen angel" -

Brian: Yeah, we both love that track... But we're already happy that we could have 12 tracks on the record.

Laurent: Why don't you release it later as a new unreleased single then ?

Both:Yeah, It would be great... But it's not only up to us.

Laurent: An why didn't you keep "Hologram" ?

- Brian starts singing "Hologram" to us -

AJ: We first heard it recorded by a solo artist

Laurent: By Chris Brown and Dre ?

AJ: Yeah. that's it. But when we recorded it together, we thought it sounded better sang by a solo artist. And we really think Chris Brown is going to release it in the future

Laurent: What about "She's trouble ?"

AJ: Man !! That really was my favorite track. I was really sad we couldn't keep it.

Brian (talking to AJ): But you know we had to make a choice. We could only keep 12 tracks.

Charlène: Why didn't you keep 14 tracks then ?

Brian: We would have loved to, if we could but...
(making a face)
Charlene: It's all about the money!

Brian: Yes, it's all about the money... Anyway, Neyo wanted to give it to Dima Bilan (famous russian singer) because he was sure to use the song as a single... and had more money to put on that song

Laurent: You've been very successful, you've sold millions of records... Now things have changed and the music business is more difficult. Do you feel the difference ?

Brian: Of course, we feel the difference. The world of music business has changed a lot. With all the mp3 downloads on the internet, record sales are more difficult... but you have to adapt...As you said, you downloaded our tracks....

Charlene: ... Yeah, but we bought the CD when it was out.

Brian: It's alright. We download as well. Everyone does it ! But you know, when we were away for 4 years (- between Black & Blue and Never gone -) , that's normal that nobody cared that we were back.

Charlène: "That's not true, you always had your true fans that supported you !

Brian: Yes, yes, that's true... I mean, you have to reintrioduce yourself to the general public...because people thinks you quit, that it's over.

Charlène: Yes, that's true! When I said to my friends (of the same age) that I was about to interview you, they were impressed of course. But the older ones were like "What ? They still exist ? We don't hear about them for years. And I said: "Of course, they still exist"

Brian: We know that well. I gotta tell you a story. We were in LA for the rehearsal of this tour.We were working hard everyday for 2 months One day, I was at some petrol pump station in LA. The pump guy recognises me and say: "Hey ! Do you still sing ?" You're working so hard and then this guy ask you if you still exist ! But that's just the way it goes...

Charlène: But you have to know that here, in Belgium, the promotion is very bad. But don't see your video on television, we don't hear you a lot on radio...

Brian: But you know, the promotion is bad everywhere. It's not like it was before. Videos aren't broadcast on tv anymore...

Laurent: Yeah, we had to go on youtube to see your videos

AJ: Yeah, Youtube is the new reference to watch videos now.

Brian: Evene the radio world has changed. You must have a lot of connections. You must be chosen.

Charlene: We know what you're talking about. Laurent and I are both singers. And we know that you must have the right connections EVERYWHERE. By the way, we were supposed to open for you guys tonight. But at the last minute, the belgian organisator of the show told us you were bringing your own opening act...wich was not true. We didn't the right connections this time .

AJ: No. On this tour, we never know who will open for us before we join the places we're performing.

Charlène: We did open for Akon's tour this year but we would have loved to open for you.

Brian: Maybe we can arrange that for the next time...

Laurent: That would be so great ! Thanks!

Charlène: I got one last thing to say, on a personnal level. I think you should work more on your lyrics on the next albums. For example, Brian, on your solo records, the lyrics were deeper and about personnal experiences. That was more touching. On Backstreet Boys records, you always sing about love and break-ups always.

Brian: I know, that's frustating. My solo record was very important for me, to finaly talk about important things for me.

Charlène: In 1998, you sang "That's what she said" aalone with the guitar... I loved that.

Brian: Yes, that was my first own solo song on stage.

Charlène: I loved it !

Brian starts to sing it

Charlène: Stop doing that, I love your voice, I'm gonna cry (laugh)

AJ: In Backstreet Boys songs, we say "Heart" and "love" all the time. Heart, love, heart, love, heart, love.... We laugh about it. It became a private joke between us. We parody ourself!

BOTH: But that's what the public expect from us (-not the fans-) ... That's what the business push us to do.

Brian: Sometimes, it's ok to do silly songs. Sometimes, we even writes real silly songs... But we don't release it... We make it to joke about it between us.

Brian: Anyway, at the end of this year, you will hear AJ's fisrt album. It will be very different.

Charlène & Laurent: Waouw, great ! We're looking forward to listening to it.

AJ: Thank you !

That's when the belgian staff decided it was time to finish the interview (we got 5 minutes more than what we were suppose to get ^^). We hugged, Charlène asked again for a kiss ... Aj said goodbye and left... Brian followed us in the corridor and talk with us about some personnal matters
Then we say goodbye and go back to our seats... really excited about what we just had the chance to experience....

Then, I got the opportunity to take pictures from the front row... I'll post it soon...

I hope you liked our interview !!

Oh, I forgot: they are already thinking and talking about the next album !!!!

(с) Elycit from LD

И ещё.
Брай ответил на Твиттере одной из девчонок:

@Mary_bSb написал(а):

@brian_littrell Brian my favorite songs of the last album are "If i knew then" and "Undone" are in the show?

@brian_littrell написал(а):

@Mary_bSb undone is in the show. If I knew then just got added to capital radio in the United Kingdom. Pretty cool. Chirp
about 19 hours ago from UberTwitter in reply to Mary_bSb

О как! Может, именно эта песня станет третьим синглом Парней?

Может быть. мне лично нравятся  ве их песни , даже если они будут петь хип-хоп или читать рэп

А мне Undone не нравится :no:  Я бы очень хотела 3м синглом маскарад,но этого не будет.Или PDA хотя бы.

ladyMusic написал(а):

А мне Undone не нравится   Я бы очень хотела 3м синглом маскарад,но этого не будет.Или PDA хотя бы

а я пока Undone не слышала, но все-таки представь Бэков читающими рэпhttp://i.smiles2k.net/anime_smiles/43.gif

Полюбуйтесь, что в "Досуге" написали!

Ссылка на статью

Главный распутник и дебошир группы Брайан Литтрелл

Подробности темного прошлого Брайки... Да, журналисты....

Сейчас полысевшие и слегка бородатые бойз снова на коне
дать бы этому Кутинову пинка под зад !  :angry: Какой идиот!пусть валит из издательства. профессиональный журналист, если берется писать статью -он сам (по этикету)никогда не должен гнать на неё. Получается,они ему не нравятся и  он о них пишет. А про Брая, что написал! такое впечатление, что он травы накурился. я в шоке...

Вы здесь » UNBREAKABLE - Backstreet Forum » Backstreet Boys » News >> Выпуск номер 2